Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update

I went to the doctor yesterday, and the outlook is positive. My cervix hasn't changed since last week, which is good. I am dilated to a 1 and about 60% effaced. But from what I understand you can be that way for weeks. So, I still have to really limit my activity, but I can at least go out occasionally, which is so nice. Once I hit 36 weeks I can do whatever I want. No more bed rest at all. So at least there is an end in sight, granted I make it that far. Thank you all for your words of encouragement. And those of you who have offered to help with Emma, you better be careful, because I may just take you up on that! She's probably about as stir crazy as I am! And thank you to my mom who has been so wonderful and selfless! Its times like these when you realize how wonderful family is. All of our family has been so supportive and thoughtful. All I know is I've learned not to take the simple things for granted. What I wouldn't give to be able to pick my daughter up, or to give her a bath, or to dance with her to "Honey, Honey". It will all be worth it in the end. As slow as time seems to be going, I know that before I know it this will all be over. Until then I will bear this burden with patience and try to look on the bright side- I'm getting a ton of projects done!

12 comments:

Robin said...

I'm glad to know that Maya (Mya?) is going to be in the oven a bit longer! Also, know that if you need me to watch Emma, I am HAPPY to do it. Thanks for all help with watching Izzy. You, your mom, and Candice have been my angels! Very self-less, all of you! I don't know what Brad and I would do if we didn't have such wonderful support around us.

Natalie said...

Lauri- Kirsty called and told me that you have been on bedrest. I am so sorry, hopefully it will go by quickly or at least until you get to 36 weeks. I am sure that it has been so hard not to be able to do anything. Luckily Emma is still young and she won't remember. When I was pregnant I wasn't even on bedrest, but I swear I just laid around on the couch and let Dax play by himself. (Bad mom I know) Anyway I don't think I have your email, so send me a email and I'll send you a blog invite. Take care. nattram@hotmail.com

Amie said...

I really hope you will let Emma come play. We'd really love it! You could even come with her and put your feet up on my couch instead of yours! :) Your "this too shall pass" attitude is a great example for all of us. We'll keep those prayers going!

Katie said...

Hang in there!

Rasmussen Forever said...

No worries, Laurie, before you know, you'll be rocking out to "Honey, Honey" with two dancing queens, other than yourself. Make sure you take good care of yourself. Love you guys!

Sue said...

Glad to hear the positive news! We're praying for you:)

Wardles said...

Hang it there Laurie! Take care of yourself. I hope everything will go well!

Becky said...

I'm glad things are looking better! I think you should spell her name Miya. That wasn't an option on the poll so I didn't vote. :) Good luck! I can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!! That has to be so hard and I am glad you are looking at the postive side! You can come and craft at my house and let Emma run around!! Bed rest is no fun!

Cole and Carly said...

I was hoping to go early, but sure enough I had to go 40 weeks and 6 days! I hope you make it to 36 and then she comes! Good Luck to you! I feel like I'm barely surviving with one child!
To answer your question, I had a lady from california make the bedding. Her name is Cyndi. Her blog is patteycakes.blogspot.com

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

I'm sorry it's been so rough for you. If I were closer, I'd offer to help more. However, I'll do whatever I can! Just let me know what you need!

heather said...

That sounds great. Which since you DID get out to get your hair done, now you need to post a picture. Hollie told me you looked so cute!