Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm not ready!

It's starting to look like our new addition is a little anxious to come just like her sister was. I've been participating in a pre-term labor study and went in for a routine exam on Thursday. They didn't like what they saw and I ended up spending the night in the hospital so they could monitor me and the baby. I don't know that I understand really well what's going on. I'm not dialated, but my cervix is about an inch shorter than it should be at 31 weeks, which I think is effacement. Maybe you delivery nurses could help me out! They gave me steroid shots in the case she does come early, and sent me home the next day with orders of bed rest for the next two weeks at least. They couldn't really give me any sort of time frame. So now its a waiting game. And I am so not ready! We are still finishing our house. Most of our baby stuff is in storage. I'm supposed to stay in bed, which is really very hard! Especially with an active 2 year old! I feel for all of you who have had to go through the same thing! I'm just grateful its only 2 weeks ! I hope I can at least make it to 34 weeks. Emma was born at 35 weeks and was fine even without any steroids. Wish me luck! We'll keep you updated!

19 comments:

Maranda said...

Wow you are already hitting the bed rest!? I am so sorry. So how effaced did they say you were? It is usually a percentage. I hope you can get some rest.

With the steroids on board, as long as you get through the 48 hr window without delivering, they will help your baby's lung development temendously...at any gestation.

Hang in there.

Lauri said...

I think they said I was about 70% effaced. My cervix was measuring 1.5 inches. Does that sound about right?

Rasmussen Forever said...

Oh my! That's exciting! Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Justin and Tasha said...

Wow, I hope all goes well !!! My little stinker was the type that DIDNT want to come out and I went a week over my due date and then had to be induced ! Good luck !

Anonymous said...

When is your house going to be done? And just take it easy Lauri! I love you!

Jenny said...

I would HATE being on bedrest! Good luck my friend. I hope everything goes well and the baby is healthy and happy when she decides to come!!!!

PrincessKatie said...

Being on bed rest sucks. And when I was on it I didn't even have a child to entertain me. I hope that things will be okay. I have a few friends who suffer from incompetent cervixes and I wonder if thats something you might have. They can be kind of scary if not found so be glad.

Sue said...

Sorry to hear about your stressful time! We will keep you in our prayers. Hang in there!

ellisboys said...

how the heck are you going to get your hair done!!! I can make a house visit if you would like. call me!

The Doutts said...

Sorry about that. Don't worry, all will be well. GOOD LUCK!

Becky said...

Lauri- call me and let me know if there is anything I can do! I could take Emma out for awhile to give you some rest. Let me know. Hope all is well!

Nate and Hilary said...

I've always wondered how mommies can go on bedrest when they already have kids! I know mine keep me running! I guess what you have to remember is that things don't have to be perfect, and it's ok if you don't have everything all set up when Miss Baby comes. Tyler can always get stuff out of storage when you're in the hospital if he needs to. And, the truth is, she'll be just fine hanging out in your room for a while if she needs to while you get back to yourself and get things ready. That's one of my biggest challenges as a mommy - remember that things don't always need to be perfect! (my kids, my house, getting myself ready in the morning, etc.) Just take care of yourself and that little baby, and let people help you!

Nate and Hilary said...

And, by the way, I don't know if you're every REALLY ready, so just roll with it! :)

Nate and Hilary said...

And, by the way, I don't know if you're every REALLY ready, so just roll with it! :)

Amie said...

Wow, sounds like you've had some excitement at your house. I know that Lydie would absolutely love to have Emma come play (and let's face it, Emilie would love it too!). Let's work that out and I can come up and get her sometime soon! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I wish you the best of luck. I know how you feel about the bed rest. Not fun at all. :)

BreeAnn said...

Hey I am sorry you are dealing with this. Good luck with everything. I hope you last until 35 weeks as well!

Leslie said...

Since all your baby stuff is in storage, I think you should just get online and order some new things. It would be much simpler and less stressful. Tell Ty to get workin' on that house. I wish we could help somehow. Hang in there.

Angie said...

Can't wait to meet your new little girl! Just take it easy and please, please, please call me if you need anything. Even chocolate, I'm there!!! Love you!