Friday, September 19, 2008

Our state fair is a great state fair!

I'm a little slow to post, but on September 8th we went to the fair. I don't know what it is about the fair, but I always look forward to going when it comes that time of year. I think it might be all that yummy fair food. Whatever it is, we had a great time!
Emma enjoyed the little hands on the farm exhibit where she learned all about farm chores. Mom and Dad enjoyed this as well because it was absolutely FREE!




I believe you cannot go to the fair without visiting the big yellow slide! Tyler enjoyed this one with Emma due to my ever increasing midsection.

Then it was off to the animals which is all Emma could talk about. We got to see a lamby get a haircut, and Emma discovered something about pigs.....
.... that they really stink!
It was hilarious! She was so excited to go see the piggies which were outdoors mind you. But when we walked in the tent, Emma started crying and trying to cover her nose. It was all she could do not to throw up. I wish I had the camera ready for her initial reaction, but I think you get the idea. Now, any time you mention the piggies, Emma will tell you that "piggy stinks!"

6 comments:

The Barron's said...

What fun pictures. I feel Emma's pain. We also went this year (three times!! once was enough) I was the one who could not stand it though. What a cutie!

Rasmussen Forever said...

Oh my beating heart, that piggy stinks photo is the cutest ever. Emma is so darn adorable! I'm glad you all had a great time at the fair. These are all such fun photos.

Andrea Campbell said...

I love the fair too! Those pictures are priceless!!! I wish there were even more free activities for the kids. Dillan and Brynn loved the little hands on the farm also.

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Haha! How fun and cute!

Amie said...

Good for you for making time for the fair. Every year I tell myself that we're going to go (it's an american experience that my husband has yet to have), but I never seem to make it happen. Maybe you should call me next year and invite me so I'll be more motivated! :) I love the picture of Ty and Emma at the bottom of the slide. That is such a classic Tyler face. Emma looks so cute with the little apron and bucket too! What a fun day!

PrincessKatie said...

Looks like she had fun!