Thursday, September 25, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

It's about that time. Time to move Emma into a big girl bed to make way for the new baby. We put it together Sunday night and Emma was so excited about it until it came time to actually go to sleep in it. I think it scares her a little. Any suggestions on the best way to transition into a big girl bed?


Tyler and Emma preparing for the task at hand.


Emma was such a big helper. She loves to help you do everything! And I do mean everything!

Of course you have to test out the finished product. And since Daddy seems to be an expert on sleeping, Emma wanted him to test it out with her.

8 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

The only suggestion I have, is if there's room, place the toddler bed next to the crib and let her sleep in the crib until she wants to sleep in the big kiddie bed. You may find her going to sleep in the toddler bed on her own. Or maybe just sleep on the floor next to her bed, until she falls asleep. Either way, she'll get there just fine. That's a totally cute bed!

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's way fun! And the pictures are adorable! See you next week!!

Jenny said...

We finally had to just let Mason bawl for a few hours on his big boy bed. (The hardest thing EVER!) The drama was shorter and shorter each night. Now he finally sleeps there without crying, usually. He still isn't really happy about it though. Good luck to you! Emma is SO STINKING CUTE!!! I can't believe how big she is!!

The Barron's said...

Well...it is a hard transition but I have a few suggestions/ideas that we did, some things not to do, some to do... lets get together and I'll share. Tell me when is a good time.

Amie said...

How fun. She is getting so big. I love her happy face. If there's one thing I've learned about transitioning to a big-kid bed, it's that every child is different and needs a different approach. I had to start from scratch with each of mine, but they all figured it out. You'll do great with Emma, she'll have it down in no time. Happy new bed!

heather said...

Oh my goodness she is getting so big and that must mean that you are even that further along. I'm sure she'll adjust eventually, just in time for the baby if nothing else.

Katie Hendrickson said...

SO FUN TO SEE YOU LAST NIGHT! You are the cutest prego girl!!! For sure transfer.... and let's get together.

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

She is so big and cute! I unfortunately haven't reached that point, so I'm no help to you. Good luck with it though!