Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Tyler!

September 14th was Tyler's 26th birthday. We are now in the latter years of our 20's. His actual birthday was pretty low-key since it was Sunday, but with all the family celebrations, the whole weekend was a party! I am a firm believer in dragging out birthdays as long as you can!

We got to celebrate with him on Friday. Emma and I took him bowling at Fat Cats where Emma almost beat us both! Either Emma is just really good, or we are terribly bad. I like to think Emma is just gifted. Then we enjoyed a meal at my all time favorite steakhouse, the Outback. Nothing fancy, but still a lot of fun. Tyler's favorite part was probably the fact that I drove the whole evening, which is rare.

Tyler is such an amazing person. He works so hard! Especially now as he builds our house. I'm grateful for all he does for us. I'm grateful for all his strengths that offset my weaknesses. You will never meet a kinder, more positive person than Tyler. As other friends come and go, this one fact will always remain the same; my best friend will always be Tyler. As for Emma, she loves her daddy and cherishes any time she can spend with him. She especially loves her little daddy-daughter dates to Cafe Rio. Happy Birthday Tyler! We love you!

6 comments:

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

That is a really nice post! I hope your birthday was great, Tyler!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Happy Birthday Tyler! I'll see you two on Sunday, right?

Rasmussen Forever said...

Happy belated birthday, bro!! It sounds like it was a great one. I know it was, cause it's always BEST, when you are with your family. This is such a great post, Laurie! You are really a wonderful wife and mother. Tyler is really blessed to have you too.

Amie said...

Happy birthday Ty-fighter! We love you! :)

PrincessKatie said...

Happy Late Birthday. I hope it was a good one.

heather said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!