Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tagged by Katie

I hope I can remember!

20 years ago- I was 5. I remember taking dance from Ms. Margene. In the big recital I fell on my bum. And then when everyone was parading through the aisles at the end, I wasn't paying attention, and got lost and cried. I was also probably swimming in the gutter with Katie. (Gross, I know. I don't know what we were thinking!) I don't remember much else.

10 years ago- I was 15, and in 9th grade at Kennedy Jr. High. I had a crush on Tyler, and I think it was reciprocated. I was a good student. Angela was my best friend. This is where my singing career began in Mrs. Parks mixed chorus. I also made my acting debut ( I really am a horrible actress) as Glinda in "The Wizard of Oz."

5 years ago- Tyler had less than one year left on his mission. I had just barely finished Hair School. I was working at Zurcher's the party store(Don't Ask), and also Tuxedos By Lee. I was going through the application process to be a counselor at Oakcrest. I later worked as a counselor at Oakcrest and LOVED it!

3 years ago- Tyler and I had been married for 8 months. Life was blissful and happy. I worked for Tyler's uncle and cousin as a dental assistant.

1 year ago- Tyler and I had been married for about 3 years. Emma was 7 months old and cute as ever! I worked for a pediatric dentist just one day a week. I was enjoying being a stay at home mom for the most part. Every day was a new experience with Emma. At this point I think she was sitting up on her own, and still learning to roll over.

So far this year- Tyler and I have been married for almost 4 years. Emma is a year and a half and just learned to walk in January. I continue to work one day a week at the pediatric dentist, and one night a week at Gymboree(the only way to afford the place is to work there! :) ) Tyler got a new job at Jacobsen Construction. Life continues to get better and better!

today- We got up early (thanks to Emma) . We went to church. Emma loves playing in the nursery. Tyler attended Young Men's. I attended primary. When we got home, Emma ate lunch ( a little jealousy from mom and dad as it is fast sunday!) Emma is now sleeping, as well as Tyler, and I...... you all know what I'm doing.

later tonight- We are going to go to Tyler's parents house for dinner. Then we will come home, put Emma to bed, and get ready for tomorrow because Emma's going to the babysitter's while I go to work.

tomorrow- Tyler goes to work. I go to work at the dentist. Emma gets to play all day with her friend Hailey.

this year- We look forward to Emma turning 2. Tyler and I will both turn 26. We hope to get pregnant sometime this year. When is still up in the air. Tyler is going on a fishing trip with his brother in Minnesota. Family vacations are on the agenda. Its going to be a great year!

Sorry if that was long! Now I tag Becky, Natalie, and Kristy!

6 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Hey I liked playing in the gutter! I forgot about watchign those videos of you falling on yoru bum. Good times. I wonder who is babysitting Emma tommroow? I bet it is the coolest babysitter EVER!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and all the fun things that you do! I love getting caught up on all the action and I honestly don't think you are negative and I think you turn your negatives into fun stories! like the poop story... YEAH!! It is so fun to look back and remember all the good times.
oh... and I have been meaning to tell you that I do remember our "be happy" list from High School and have kept that idea with me for years. Whenever I have a bad day or a hard time I try to write down things that make me happy and then "I don't feel sooooo bad!" HA!!

heather said...

What a cute recap of the life of Lauri. I always took you for the type to roll around in gutter water. :)

Cole and Carly said...

That's funny, I went to Miss Margene too. I'll have to dig out my dance pics and see if you're in them!

Kristy said...

I'll do this on my blog, too, since I've been tagged! (It may be a few days.... I'm a little slow at getting to this stuff! I love the new colors on your blog... so cute!

Becky said...

I just read this. :( Sorry. I'll do this on my blog now! Thanks for the tag. lol. Can't wait to see you next week!!