Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Smiling in the face of adversity

We are happy to report that Mya is home and doing pretty well. We were able to bring her home last night. As you can see, she is in good spirits.

I have been so humbled these last few months. It has been one of the hardest times in my life. When it rains, it pours. Its kind of been one thing after another. But at the same time, I don't know that I've ever felt so grateful for all the good things I have in my life. My trials have certainly put things into perspective for me. I've realized its not "what"in your life, but "who" that matters. I have been blessed with wonderful family and friends. Those who dropped everything, no questions asked, to come help us in our time of need. Not only with our kids, but with our house as well. Those who have offered their support in other ways, whether it was a phone call of concern, or a comment on a blog. I just want to say thank you. I could never express in words the gratitude I feel for all of you. And especially for those who went above and beyond. You know who you are. Thank You!

8 comments:

Justin and Tasha said...

Glad to hear the good news that she is home...I am just around the corner if you ever need a break.. LaShay would love to play with Emma

Andrea Campbell said...

I am so glad that she is doing better! I am dying to see her and this new house of yours. It was good to talk to you last night.

The Doutts said...

Girl I have walked in your shoes! When Noah was 10 days old he got so sick, he was in th ICU at Primaries for a week. We weren't sure if he was going to pull through. That was the toughest time of my life. These little angels are stronger than we think. I'm glad to hear that she is ok.

Sue said...

That picture of little Mya is adorable... we are so relieved and happy that she is home and doing better! Hope to see you all soon!

Amie said...

I'm so happy that she's home and doing better. We'll keep praying for you and we hope to see you as soon as Emilie is better!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear she is doing well! I prayed for your little family and I hope you were comforted during that hard time! I love you and hope if you need anything at all that you will give me a call!!

Nate and Hilary said...

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? Glad she's able to just smile through it! If we could only be like that a little more.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauri, what has been going on? Where have I been the last few months, what all has been going on? Let me know what's going on (besides the RSV) We would love to have Emma come play, too. I would also love to babysit Mya if you need a break once she's better (: I've got to get my baby fix somehow (; I'm so sorry you've been having a hard time. We went through some hard times after Banks was born, and it was a huge adjustment, but there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope things get easier for you soon