Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine Cuties
Five years ago today I was getting engaged up the canyon in Cedar City. It was a beautiful night, right about sunset. I had opened some presents from Tyler, and he said he had one more. He handed me his laptop and a slideshow with pictures of us starts playing. Then he starts singing this beautiful song he wrote about our lives together. I just kept thinking, " He should have saved this for the proposal!" I finally realized what was happening the last verse of the song, as the last few lines were the proposal! This is a memory I will always cherish. It was just so perfect! Now we've enjoyed 4 years of marital bliss (at least most of the time).
In stark contrast to this very romantic Valentine's Day, this Valentine's Day Tyler and I had a very romantic dinner of Taco Time, eaten in the car, accompanied by our two little girls. Not exactly what movies are made of, but I was surrounded by the people I love most. And rumor has it that Tyler has something romantic up his sleeve for next weekend. No pressure, honey! I love you! Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I didn't know that was how Tyler proposed, that is really cool.

Welcome to my world of eating in the car for birthdays, anniversaries, basically any holiday. Haha. So fun. I hope you are doing well. Your girls are beautiful!

Andrea Campbell said...

Those pictures are cute! It was fun to see you guys last week. That really has to happen more often!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little love story! Your girls are darling! So... let's do lunch or let me come see you. When works best for you?

PS. I emailed all us girls to see if we could get together!!

Amie said...

I remember that story. Those Tyson boys really know how to create a moment! The pictures of your girls are darling. Glad it was a good day!

Karli Ford said...

they both look sooo cute!
Mya is so big already. I need yo see you guys soon.
Lets go to dinner....
Love you..

-karli

p.s. i love emma's haircut! :)

Wardles said...

Your girls are beautiful and I am glad that everything is going well for your little one.