Saturday, January 31, 2009

Heartbreak

So my biggest fear about having a winter baby has been realized. Mya was admitted to Primary Childrens last night with RSV. There is no heartbreak like seeing your little baby suffer. Its sad to see her hooked up to oxygen and various other tubes. Its also sad knowing you have a little one at home who needs you as well, and who doesn't really understand what's going on.

So far Mya seems to be doing okay, relatively speaking. She has a lot of congestion and sometimes struggles to breathe. I'm just glad we are in good hands here. Our stay will most likely be a couple of days. Mya needs to be able to maintain her oxygen levels on her own before they will let us go. It's hard to say how long it will really be, but she's a fighter!

12 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That is heartbreaking. Poor thing! We hope she gets better

Becky said...

Dang! That's awful! You're in my prayers! That's gotta be so hard. Hope all goes well.

Justin and Tasha said...

Oh Im so sorry to hear. I had to deal with phnemonialast year with my little one at Christmas time, they were going to put her in the hospital but did not want to risk running into RSV. so we had to trat her from home, but it was so scary not knowing what to do.
Take care your family is in our prayers

Jenni said...

So scary! I'm so sorry! I hope she recovers real soon. You'll be in our prayers for sure!

Anonymous said...

Lauri! I am totally up for a girls night but how are you? Having a little baby in the hospital must be so hard. Let me know if you need anything... even a baby sitter for your little Emma! I love you!!

The Brower Bunch said...

That is so scary. My sister Tia's oldest had RSV, and was in the hospital for a week. It's a scary thing. You are in our prayers. Hope all goes well,and you're able to go home quickly. Miss you guys! Love, Tyrel & Season.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about baby Mya! We'll keep her (and all of you) in our prayers.

BreeAnn said...

ugh! I am sorry about that! It's so hard seeing your little baby at a hospital! I will keep you guys in our prayers! Good luck!

Maranda said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Lauri
I hope she has a speedy recovery. Poor little Mya.

Katie Hendrickson said...

Laur, I just read this after I sent you my sarcastic e-mail. Sorry!! I hope she's home soon!! xoxo

Aaron/Kami said...

Congrats on your new baby! She is dang cute! But I'm sorry about the RSV. We hope everything goes well.

Natalie said...

Oh I am so sorry. Abby and Ella have been sick and they have had them doing a nebulizer/breathing treatments so that it won't turn into RSV, well the hospitalized type. Good luck and we are praying for her.:)