Friday, February 15, 2008

Special Needs Valentine's Dance

For Valentine's Day we got to do something really fun. Tyler's dad served in the Special Mutual Young Men's Presidency for a long time. They have a big dance around Valentine's day. Well, we got to be the live music! Our friend Peter organized us into a band, and we got to play! It was so much fun! Our band consisted of the master mind, Peter, doing most the work. Tala on guitar and vocals, Tyler on guitar, bass, keyboard, and vocals (As he would say, "Jack of all trades, master of none!), Jacob on drums and vocals, Tony on percussion, and me, the lone girl, on vocals. We had a blast! And I thought we sounded pretty good for only getting together once a year, and about 1.5 hours of practice time all together! But the best thing about it, is the audience could care less how you sound. They're just there to have a good time, and boy did they ever!Who's this goofy guy?
Karli and one of our special needs friends.
Emma got in on the action, too!
Daddy was so proud!

6 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

How cute. I love to see that Emma is the next big hit for yoru band! LOL I love that last picture of hjer! So cute.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun and reminds of the good ole' days! It is always nice to do something for someone else on Valentines and that is a great service project... the fun ones are the best ones! Emma is darling and so cute playing the drums! And Peter... I haven't seen him in forever... Tell him I said hello!

oh... and Jackson is 3!

heather said...

What a fun thing to do. Emma looked like she had a blast. I didn't know that you sang. You sing? You'll have to belt something out for me next time I see you... at Harmons.

Natalie said...

Cute Blog Lauri! I didn't know that you sing. That is really cool. If was fun to see you and Emma today, hopefully we will be able to get together more often. Call or come by anytime!

Nate and Hilary said...

That's such a great way to spend you Valentine's! I'm sure you had a blast and what a great audience!

Becky said...

If there is a next time...you should let me know so that I can come and see you guys! It makes me miss our highschool days. I bet you guys sounded so good!