Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine Treat

So, for Valentine's Day, I wanted to do something fun and different for Tyler. If you've ever seen Edible Arrangements, they are so cool! But I didn't want to pay a lot of money for one, so I decided to make my own. It was a two day process, and by the time I was done it probably cost just as much as an actual Edible Arrangement ( not really). But I wouldn't have had near as much fun!


The main part of my Edible Arrangement was chocolate covered strawberries. But I saw a candy making kit at Target, and decided that looked fun, and that I was going to add candy to my arrangement.


I never knew candy making was so fun! It was hard at first, but once I got the hang of it, I really had a good time!


What do you think? Do I have a future at Cumming's?

Below: The Finished Product

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

That turned out way cute. I wish you'd have made that for me. But no I had to buy7 my own strawberries at V Chocolates. Oh wells maybe you will remember me next year !LOL What did tyler get you?

Mike and Joelle said...

Hey Lauri you are talented that looked really good. How was the party? Sorry we couldn't make it. Cute idea!!

Anonymous said...

Look at how cute you are! That is such a fun idea. Thanks for all your comments on my blog! I love to read them and you can find sleds on sale at Big 5 so head over there. They have a pretty good selection too.

heather said...

Oh my goodness they are so cute! I would love to do that. You will have to come over and teach me.

BreeAnn said...

Laurie- That is very cute and done very well! It looks so yummy! I wish I had eaten it! Good job!

Nate and Hilary said...

Very cute. I have such a hard time coming up with something different every year, but that's a cute idea.