Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

I think its crazy how you can have such tender feelings for someone you've never personally met. I was so humbled today as I watched President Hinckley's funeral. ( I can't believe how emotional I was! It was like it was my own grandpa!) I am so grateful to have lived under his leadership. What a Christ-like man he truly was. He was the prophet during the most impressionable years of my life. I have a great love for him, and the example that he was. He has left quite an impression on the world, and on me personally. I realized how much I would truly miss him as they showed pictures and video of him during the closing song. It seems weird that we won't see his "adorable" face, or hear his distinctive voice anymore. But he has left us quite a legacy. And I have a renewed desire to Stand a little taller, and be a little better.

3 comments:

heather said...

Seriously I cried almost the entire time. He was our prophet.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe how emotional I was either! It is sad to see him go and I will charish him forever!

Amanda said...

Lauri -
I don't know if you had heard or not but Teresa (from Tuxedo's by Lee) husband died on sat. The funeral is on Wed at 11:00 at the mortuary on 6500 south redwood rd. Melissa and I are going.