Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Embarrassing moment

So, yesterday I went to lunch with my good friend Katie and her daughter Hailey. Lunch was great- sticky finger salad at Wingers(one of our favorites). We got done with lunch and headed out to our cars. Emma was playing with my car keys. So as I was buckling Emma in her car seat, I took the keys and threw them on the front seat. I finished buckling her in and shut the door. I went to get in the car, but I had a problem. The door was locked! Emma had pushed the lock button on my keys! I was locked out, and she was locked in! Nobody with a key to my car is less than an hour away. So, I call Katie and tell her my situation, and she told me to call 911. I was hoping there was another way, that I could somehow just call the cops or something. But apparently Katie has had experience with this kind of thing.(not with Hailey) So I call 911 and tell them my situation, and they ask a lot of questions, and get a lot of information. So I was expecting that a cop would come and unlock the door, no big deal. So when the cop car passed, I went out to flag them down, assuming they were looking for us. No sooner than this cop lady got out and started slim-jimming the door, another cop car came, and he started slim-jimming the other door. Soon another cop car was there, and then another(total of 4!). That's not all! Two seconds later the fire department showed up in their big red fire truck, sirens and all! So to make this long story longer, They got the door open in a matter of minutes, Emma was absolutely fine! In fact, she thought the whole thing was kind of funny! (as did Katie!) She kept laughing as I looked in the windows at her, and as the police officers talked to her once they got the door open.
She was probably in there a whole 10 minutes if that. Needless to say, I was a little embarrassed by the whole big production. But its nice to know that the cops act quickly in the case of a real emergency!

9 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

That is so blog worthy! I love it. Sorry I laughed at you. YOu konw I would have cried if it was me! At least I am a pal and helped you out!

PS I am glad I am your good friend!

Tyler said...

Its okay. In hind sight it really is funny. And truth be told, if the situation was reversed, I'd probably laughed at you, too!

heather said...

Oh my gosh that happened to me once... minus the cops that is. I locked Payton in my truck while I was getting gas in Bountiful. Payton was sleeping so the 25 min. wait for Ryan to come up from work to open the door wasn't too bad. However I was hysterical, he was irritated, and Payton as well as Emma came out unscathed.

So in my empathy, I laughed at you too. :) Its got to happen at least once... your's was just WAY more entertaining.

PrincessKatie said...

LOL Lauri I woudl have gotten so mad at you if you laughed at me! Just kiddign. Thanks for making my trip to wingers enjoyable!

PrincessKatie said...

BY the way I am offended you never posted about our trip!

Amanda said...

I know it's problably not so funny to you, but I was laughing so hard. it would actually be something I would do!

Maranda said...

How funny!

Maranda said...

Hey Lauri,

I need your email so I can add you to my blog. I closed it to invited readers due to a psycho out there. e-mail me mscarlile@yahoo.com and I will add you.

Maranda

PrincessKatie said...

when are we going to lunch at wingers again? that was so yummy~1