Sunday, March 15, 2009

Note to self.....

..... Never go to Burger King again!

Last night we were driving by a Burger King, and they had a big purple slide that caught Emma's eye. So we thought, "We can eat there. Then Emma can have some fun!" We thought it was a great idea. Well, it wasn't. It wasn't the food that ruined our experience, although the food is definitely mediocre at best, it was the play land. Emma thought that big purple slide looked so fun until she actually got up into the play land. I think she was scared of the 6 or 7 twelve year old boys reaking havoc throughout the play land. She wouldn't come down so I had to climb through several kiddie sized tunnels to get her out. Then as we were trying to help Emma another time, a little girl about Emma's age comes over to Mya and wants to hold her. Not quite knowing what to do, I let her put her arms underneath mine to hold her. Then she tries to grab her out of my arms and take her to see her mommy. Then as Mya fusses, she tries to stick her fingers in her mouth. And to top it all off, a different little girl comes running over with Mya's binky in her mouth that she had grabbed off our table. All this happening while these kids parents are looking on. HELLO! Is there not something wrong with that, or am I just incredibly uptight? I thought Tyler was going to lose it. Needless to say, we are sticking with Chik-fil-A.

8 comments:

Andrea Campbell said...

I've actually told other people's kids to knock it off at play areas. They were going down the slide and then staying at the bottom and jumping on the next kid, making a pile of 5+ kids. It was hurting my kids and all the parent's sat there not doing anything. I told them all to quit or get off the play area. I guess I'm just mean. I know exactly what you are saying. It is annoying.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's horrible! Some people are just out of it I've decided. Chik-fil-a is probably a ton better. :)
P.S. I heart you! :)

Justin and Tasha said...

No way...I would have lost it !!! And my hubby would be in jail right now too !!! I would stick to Chik-fil-A to...but it is always so busy there it drives me insane !

Amie said...

Oh dear! That sounds like a total nightmare. I think I tried the fast-food play place once but never went back. And, who lets their 12-year old boys go wild when there are little girls trying to play? WOW!

Jenni said...

oh yikes! where were these girls mothers! Oh man it sounds like you handled it better then I would have I probably would have become hysterical or really mean!

Maranda said...

That is no fun:( Definitely stick with Chik-fil-a!

Rasmussen Forever said...

Oy! That's horrible! I love Chik-fil-a too, but by chance you end up at Burger King again, go around lunch time, when all the kids are at school. That's the only time I'll take my kids to any restaurant with a playland in it. Cause other peoples kids are too much of a hassle to deal with, when you're already having to take care of your own. I'm sorry that that happened to you guys.

The Barron's said...

oh man, yeah not fun... My advice... never think you have to let anyone touch your baby..your her mom, you are there to protect her and some little germy girl wants to hold her.. too bad. Say, oh, well she doesn't want to be held right now but you can wave to her... or something. I hate how when a stranger comes up (I feel it too) we feel like we have to let them... when really, we don't... so don't give in... and with the older boys, I am with Andrea, tell them to knock it off. :)
Sorry you had a bad experience there... I guess it is good Burger King really isn't all that great any way.