Friday, June 11, 2010

Mary, Mary, quite contrary.....

....how does your garden grow?
We decided this year that we wanted to try our hand at being gardeners. Hopefully it will work out, because I tend to kill things.
We planted cucumbers, peas, beans, onions, peppers, and yes, even tomatoes among other things. But only because I want fresh salsa.
Best case scenario, we will have a great harvest of garden fresh veggies. Worst case scenario, we will still have this beautiful box that Tyler built, which is the prettiest thing we have in our drab, unfinished yard!

5 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

CUTE. hOPEFULLY you save me some fresh salsa! haha

The Brower Bunch said...

Yay! Good job! I planted a garden too. Except I have to weed it.:( I planted red potatoes, onions, peas, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, sweet meat squash, and of course tomatoes. Hopefully the weeds don't overtake the plants! I should have done planter boxes, CRAP!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the garden! I kill things too...I have a black thumb instead of a green one. So we're hoping ours lives too!

ASRussell said...

hahaha... you guys are so funny! i love your garden! way to go Tyler for building it! I love that you guys planted tomatoes...Let me know if you need any help!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Good luck! I can't wait until we can get a nice garden growing in our dirt-filled yard, too! Your girls are so cute!