Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Excuses, Excuses

Well, I've been a less than attentive blogger lately. My good friend Amanda told me oh so nicely that she didn't check my blog anymore because it was boring. So, for fear of becoming too boring I will give blogging another try. I have forgotten how much fun it is to be able to record things via the blog. Since I'm a horrible journal writer, scrapbooker, etc. This helps me to record the special events in our lives. A lot has happened since Halloween ( go figure!) Here are a few hightlights:


Mya turned 1.

We had a great Christmas! ( In which we unfortunately did not take many pictures.) We did get some pictures, however, of this sweet doll house Santa made for Emma. Santa waited a little too long to start it, which made for some very, very, late nights(you could even say early mornings!). But it was totally worth it to see the look on her face!







We got to go sledding for our cousin Ashlyn's birthday party, and it was a blast!





We were not too sorry to see 2009 end. What a challenging year for us! But we have learned a lot and we are so ready to move ahead as 2010 seems to be very promising!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't say you were "boring" but no update since October is a little (ugh-huh) boring!! ha.ha.ha!

That doll house is DARLING! Look how crafty "Santa" is! I love it and want to come and see it in person! I hope 2010 is a better year for your cute family!

Thanks for blogging! Your sledding pics are so fun!

Robin said...

Yay! A new blog post! I was thinking it had been a while. Now, if only we can get Candice to blog more often...

Eric and Justine said...

I love the doll house! It turned out great!! Your girls are so cute!

olivia said...

DID YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE CUTEST LITTLE GIRLS ON THE PLANET? Really, I'm glad you posted too because we don't see you often enough and I almost forgot how cute those girls are. And yes, that doll house! It was my young dream too...

Maranda said...

LOVE THE DOLL HOUSE!! Santa made one for me when I was a little girl, and I haven't forgotten how special it was to me. I think back now and I am so thankful to "Santa" for all of the thought and effort that went into it.

The girls are absolutely beautiful!

Hope you are hanging in there:)

Becky said...

Santa is very talented! I was so pleasantly surprised to see you had updated your blog! Your girls are amazingly beautiful. We haven't been much better at keeping in touch like we said we would. How can we remedy that? I miss you!

Amie said...

It's great to see some recent pics! Glad all is well for you. Wish we could have seen you all over the holidays. Let's get together soon. :)

BreeAnn said...

very cute pictures!

ASRussell said...

so nice to see you joim the bloggin world again!!! I have been pretty bad too. Maybe I should update mine! Cute pictures! How is Mya feeling?

Nate and Hilary said...

Glad to see you are still alive! Darling doll house, darling kids, and darling Valentine's blog decor.

Anonymous said...

YAY BLOG!!! :) Cute pictures. Maybe once I graduate I'll have more time to blog, eh? :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

YAY BLOG!!! :) Cute pictures. Maybe once I graduate I'll have more time to blog, eh? :) Love you!

Sue said...

oh, those faces!! so very cute:)

Linsey Jackson said...

Lauri! :) I miss you and hearing about your cute girls. I cannot believe Mya is already 1! That is crazy. I'm glad to see your family is doing so great! :) Can't wait to see you at my wedding soon and hopefully those 2 little girls!! :)

The Brower Bunch said...

Hey Lauri! I miss you a ton! I hope things are going well 2009 was a tough year for us too, really tough. We are looking forward to a better year too! I hope to hear from you some time. We missed you at a girl's lunch we had over Christmas time!

Wardles said...

Glad to see an update! I love the doll house! What a good little girl she must have been! Your girls are adorable!